Wednesday, May 8, 2013

What I've been up to lately

Mostly stressing out, to tell you the truth. Spring is always stressful when you at the same time have to worry about finals and stuff, try to get a summer job and inevitably, start thinking about next year (school year that is) and all you want from it and hope for it to be. But that is not what I'm writing to you about, no, I just want to show you something new I've made!

First we have the Huntress shawl by Jennifer Chase-Rappaport, I'm calling mine Foxy Shawlette for obvious reasons. It was a quick project and not very difficult, but if you are not familiar with reading charts, then it might be a bit much. I found this great pattern in Knitscene magazine Fall 2012.


I've also been knitting socks, duh, I have two and a half socks done for May now. The patterns I've been knitting are both Cookie A. patterns, Stalagmite and Cubist. Cubist is a free pattern and Stalagmite is found in my perhaps favorite socks book, Knit.Sock.Love. I'll get you more pictures as soon as I'm finished with the socks.

Stalagmite in Cascade Heritage 5655 Como Blue
I also made a wedding card to couple of friends who were getting married. Found the picture online, printed it black and white and colored with pencils. Added some lace and spring-y green paper and voilá! I really love the result, and as they (or at least she) like cats, I think they liked it, too.


I have also cooked a lot, as I always do. I don't write much about cooking as this is mostly a knitting blog, but one day I made Cobb's salad and as it looked so good, took a picture which I am now going to show you. It was some good salad, with chicken and bacon and blue cheese. What could be better?


Now I'll get back to knitting or maybe go to the store to get some food, as I find myself suddenly very, very hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment