Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Stalagmite

Although I am somewhat concerned and saddened that it seems most of the activity on my blog is spam-related, I am however going to keep posting, if just to entertain myself. I recently finished my Stalagmite socks, another pattern from Knit.Sock.Love by Cookie A. I used Cascade Heritage, the softest sock yarn I have ever come across. You wouldn't believe it's really wool, but it is, and very warm, too. I knit the legs of these socks on 2.5 mm needles, as the cables tend to get a little tight, but after the heel flap I changed to 2.25 to get a tight enough gauge so my socks won't wear through quickly. I am very happy with these socks, they are very soft, fit well and are very, very warm. The color I used is 5655, Como blue.

The socks don't differ in height, one foot is just  up from the floor!


They are pretty from behind, too!
I have also finished a little cowl I need to take pictures of and almost finished a crocheted purse, also not pictured yet. Now I am knitting Satlburn from Rachel Coopey's new book, Coop Knits Socks. You can get it as an easy e-book from Ravelry, it features ten great designs and there's a knit-along on her Ravelry group, too. Next month I'll be knitting a lot of her patterns, as the Sock Knitters Anonymous sockdown will be literary theme, and I alreasy have two Coop knits patterns that fit the bill: Jane Bennet socks from Interweave knits Jane Austen Knits and Sleeping Beauty that was a part of last year's Once Upon a Time club but is now released to everyone. I really like so many of the patterns that were designed for that club. The patterns were exclusive for a year so I'm very glad that I only found about it earlier this year and not so that I had to wait a whole year for the patterns to be released. Verybusymonkey's Rumpelstiltskin was also designer for said club I if I have time, I might also knit that for next month's sockdown. And of course there's my only club pattern Snozzberries from Rachel Coopey's and Knitting Goddess' 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon club which was the pattern in April and which I own along with the purple-pink yarn that goes with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment