Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Spring is here!

It really is! If you don't believe me, just look at this picture I took on my balcony:


Ok, the flowers didn't just appear (or, I believe it is usually referred to as growing) I bought them and put them there. But anyways, doesn't it look fabulous? If it wasn't still so fricking cold I'd just sit there all day... :)

I also finished some very spring-colored socks, these were indeed for the April SKA sockdown challenge. The pattern is Margaritaville by Adrienne Fong is case you want to knit your own. I haven't knit socks from sport weight in a while, I have fallen totally in love with fingering weight. Regardless, these socks turned out quite nice, kind of whimsical but only in a good way. I do wish I had enough yarn to knit both socks identical, but I didn't. Still, they are quite cute.




I also finished Birch Point Hoodie by Amanda Scheuzger. It's a great pattern from Interweave Knits pring 2012, and I knit it now juts in time for spring 2013. I used Novita Miami to knit mine with, it's 50% cotton and 50% acrylic so it's not as heavy as pure cotton. We went on the beach to take some nautical photos:




And yes, I was freezing the whole time without my coat but sometimes you have to suffer for art's sake... Anyway, happy, happy spring to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment