Sunday, April 14, 2013

Kai-mei and Veronica Mars

Hi there!

I have finished the Kai-mei socks I wrote about last time, and they are simply gorgeous! I am so happy with them and they fit very nicely, rib as they mostly are. As I'm sure you'll want to see some pictures, here you go:




In other news, we just finished watching Veronica Mars. It took us four weeks to watch three years worth of that sassy, young detective and all her escapades. And what four weeks it was! We had of course heard of the show before, as supposedly it is one of Joss Whedon's favorite shows and as he is one of our favorite directors as far as TV-series go (heck, the favorite to tell you the truth), we were intrigued. But now with the kickstarter project and all, we just had to see what the fuss was about. And did we ever :) Both of us were blown away by how good the show was - much better than we had anticipated, and thoroughly entertaining. My boyfriend did think that Veronica was a little cruel at times, when talking to some of the men in her life, but I couldn't have enjoyed her cynicism more! She is beautiful, funny, resourceful and has a way with words. What more could you ask for in a fictional character? Of course I had to pledge to the kickstarter project and now I have a t-shirt coming my way - well, in next February... I just hope it comes in time for the premier of the movie, the movie that I am now awaiting eagerly!

Oh, and I almost forgot. I did also dye some more yarn, some sport weight this time, though it's probably gonna end up as socks as well. I used three sachets of pink lemonade kool-aid, one grape and ½ ice blue raspberry lemonade. Plus I threw in some peach mango when I was getting exasperated with the color as it didn't seem to be turning the way I wanted. But I am very happy with the result, now, and I think it will knit up beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment