Sunday, September 2, 2012

Vintage Knitting Surge

I bought yarn for Kasha today: light yellow pure wool, nice and soft. And only 13 euros, too! I was supposed to swatch before buying as I had a little of the same yarn already, but I made the mistake of going into the store to "look at" and "finger through" the yarn so no hope for me. But I am pretty sure the yarn is going to be good for the project so I just have to hope for best. I think I also have the buttons ready as well, they are old gold in colour, and actually old as they are part of the treasure I took back home from my grandparents'. So I am making a 40's sweater with buttons that may very well be from the actual 40's. My boyfriend told me that I've gone crazy wanting to make a yellow sweater with gold buttons or maybe it was just the way I said it, I was almost singing about gold buttons and yellow yarn on our way from the store, that's just how happy I was. Anyhow, he really is not the person to take any advise from when it comes to colour-schemes. I think old gold and light yellow are perfect together, how about you? Below is my yarn, I'll post pictures of the buttons a bit later, when I finish my swatch because only after I see the pattern knitted out will I be sure if the buttons are good. They have some kind of pattern on them so I have to see if the lacy structure will go with them or will it be too much.

Kasha-to-be ^^
However, I will not be able to start knitting Kasha until I finish my beautiful 50's gloves I started yesterday. They are going to be so adorable, and so lady-like. I'm knitting them from bright but not dark blue, and they are just so beautiful, don't you agree? I am so in love with the pattern, it's difficult to stop knitting them.

50's lace gloves

I just have to take this opportunity to advertise for this website. It has so many free(!) vintage knitting patterns that I am almost losing my mind over it! There is also one for free vintage crochet patterns, here. Just lovely to have so many free vintage patterns, and so many of which are absolutely worth knitting/crocheting, so lovely. The pattern for the gloves is there, under women's lace gloves. If you are into vintage knitting, that is definitely a site worth checking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment