Wednesday, September 19, 2012

And My Knitting Goes on

Today my boyfriend told me that he needs to buy a new hat. I stared at him for a while and then I told him that I can just knit him a hat. "Darling, do you really think you need to buy a hat when you have a girlfriend that knits? And not only knits but does it all the time and even if there is no real need for new stuff." So now I am knitting him a hat, after a pattern he chose after a little push in the right direction... But I don't suitable yarn, yet, even if my stash is quite largish. He is such a sucker for quality, even if you wouldn't believe it at first glance. If I would knit him something that wasn't from top-notch 100-percent wool, he would definitely complain that it itches. So I am going to use Cascade 220 which should fit his standards and which has beautiful colours for him to choose from. This might just be the first time he walks into a yarn store of his free will ^^

Also my Kasha has proceeded quite nicely, I got more yarn yesterday, and I was still able to get some from the same dye lot. Now I definitely have enough, probably too much, but with that I can deal. I still haven't found the perfect buttons, I went to one store yesterday but couldn't find anything I liked. I do still have time to search for them, though, as I am not even through with the back. I just really like having the buttons waiting so I don't have to only start looking for them after I'm done with everything else.

On other news, we went to see David Cronenberg's new film, Cosmopolis, yesterday. It was quite interesting... Truth be told, at times I thought it was quite boring, and hoped we'd went to see Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom instead. But it really was interesting in the good meaning of the word as well, and I think it's fun to see different kinds of films in a cinema, as usually we just see the blockbusters there and everything else later on DVD. The audience there was pretty fun, too, as whenever there was an action scene, which I admit were scarce and quite bloody when they came, there were some people who would cry out in terror. I, too, was pretty shocked at one point, although the scenes didn't really match the iconic head explosion of Scanners. But I really got to thinking of the choice for the lead, Robert Pattinson. As he is known from the Twilight Saga and has some serious haters due to that, I really think it was quite bold to choose him for this part: even if Cosmopolis really doesn't have anything to do with the Twilight thing, Robert Pattinson does define the film and not necessarily in a good way. Even one of our friends asked us how come we went to see a Robert Pattinson film (and just to clarify, we have seen all the Twilight Saga films as well, and I have even read the books) and I just had to tell him that it was, in fact, a David Cronenberg film.

But now, to finish off with a picture but having nothing new to show, and older pic of a knit carnation from Lesley Stanfield's lovely book, 100 Flowers to Knit and Crochet.


No comments:

Post a Comment