Monday, September 3, 2012

Recently Finished Projects

As I recently wrote, I have been working to finish projects I have been working on for a long time. I have also been quite successful in this, and to prove that I wanted to share some pictures with you.

Maya

Here is Maya, after Martin

Storey's pattern. I quite like
it, and the pompoms are a
nice addition, and they make
excellent stress toys, you
can fiddle with them :)
Here is me playing with them: -->

Next I want to turn your
attention to the Cthulhu
mittens I knit for my
boyfriend. They are actually
pretty much my first fairisle
project so I am quite happy
with them, although
they are far from perfect.



Cthulhu mittens
Most recently I finished an easy peasy cowl from special effects yarn, Novita Silmu. I had already knit a similar one from different colour yarn, red/brown that time, but I couldn't resist the beautiful blue/turquoise when I saw it in the store so now I have two cowls to be worn with matching outfits, I guess. But I do like them, they are quite practical as they are soft and nice, and not too hot. I actually wore the blue one today as I have been a little sick so it was nice to have something wrapped on although it wasn't that cold.


And last but not least, here is my new green cardigan which is actually quite professional-looking, maybe not in colour but in shape definitely. I really like it, though, even if it's not exactly something I would wear everyday. After all, it is knit so how professional can it be! I used buttons I found at my grandparent's, like I wrote previously. I put them on other way than on the older picture, the correct way that is. At that point I thought they looked better that way but on the finished garment they did look better the right way so I had to abandon my "radical" thinking. The pictures are pretty good, too, aren't they? My boyfriend has really become a master knitting-photographer. The on-coming storm gave our little photoshoot a definite boost as well!




















See the wind machine (or just wind actually ^^) at                    work

                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment