Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Future (knitting) plans

I am real into adding something that usually wouldn't be associated with knitting into my garments. I want to knit something from really soft yarn, like mohair or something, and then add leather and/or metallic zippers into it. It just still needs to look neat, I mean I am not really a rock/glam girl normally... But I have seen lots of stuff like that, and I'm very excited about them. What do you think?

I have been a little sick for a few days now so I haven't been knitting my Rhombus socks but a much more straightforward and less focus-requiring ribbed shirt. I have really proceeded with it, too, although some might say that knitting maybe isn't the number one thing you should do when sick. But I haven't been that sick, sitting around doing nothing would make me even sicker. That's my story and I'll stick to it.

I have also been leafing through Susan Crawford's A Stitch In Time, vol. 2 and trying to decide which pattern to knit next. I really like Kasha but starting it up is pretty intimidating as the gauge needs to be just right which really isn't my strong suite. But it really is lovely and quite different from anything I have knit before.

In other news, I am going to London with my boyfriend for a five-day holiday in January. I know, it's far away, but you have to book now to get real cheap flights. I'm pretty excited :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure I'll start knitting Kasha. From light yellow yarn, no less, it's just gonna be so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete