Thursday, August 23, 2012

Rhombus

Willow-colourway
Yesterday I started knitting another Cookie A. sock, this time one called Rhombus. [pattern] The yarn I'm using I also got yesterday, while I visited a yarn store when I should have been at uni, oops... I had been surfing the Buffy group on raverly, and was so taken by people's self-dyed yarn that they had used the show as an inspiration for. I told my boyfriend that I would love to dye yarn myself as well, and he told me that I should just go to a store and buy yarn that in my opinion could be inspired by the characters. So then, what else could I have done other than what he proposed? Here are the results: I am knitting my Rhombus socks from a beautiful purple that I think kind of represents Willow:

I also have a colourway that in my opinion is a total Buffy, although I am sure people will disagree. But that's not really the point, it's Buffy for me and it is so beautiful as well. Also, I have a dark blue that I had difficulty attributing to anyone in particular. Maybe season 1 Angel, but not really Angel of the entire show, I don't know it's weird... But this I know: Xander would be brown with dark yellow highlights, kind of like Novita Puro's new colourway, Retro: here, Giles would also be brown but without the yellow, Riley would be dark green, Spike red and black and blonde. 

Buffy-colourway
Angel?- colourway

I also got my Buffy season 9, Freefall but I haven't read it yet. Looks promising, though :) And you know, I am now not only rewatching Buffy, but Firefly as well. And as I started rewatching that, I started knitting a tam, a River Tam. [pattern] (that is only funny if you know the show, it has a character called River Tam) But now I am so into my Rhombus socks that I am not going to knit that for a while. They are really quite demanding, but I love it! I'm knitting them on 2mm bamboo needles and they bend so vigorously all the time that I am afraid they're gonna break. But then I remember that bamboo is used for everything in China, even construction site stands so I guess it'll just have to endure my knitting!

My Rhombus sock

No comments:

Post a Comment