Friday, August 17, 2012

A little about knitting socks

I'm knitting these beautiful cable-lace knee-highs but the problem is that I run out of yarn. I am making them directly after a pattern and it said that they should be knitted from 100g of yarn but here I am, used up 100 grams and one foot short... I would give the magazine the pattern was published some feedback, but it's a few years old so I don't think it would do any good. However, I am a little annoyed as the yarn is no longer in production so it is not the easiest to get my hands on a new ball. Also, there's almost no way I am going to find a ball that is from the same dye lot so I just have to hope that the difference isn't as big as in the yarn in my Seaweed socks... I am definitely not going to frog and make the socks shorter, because they are just the perfect length now, so I just have to get the yarn. But this is quite an annoying problem! But the socks are going to be pretty, see for yourself:







No comments:

Post a Comment