Monday, August 6, 2012

Pointelle

I think knitting these socks I set a record for myself: socks in four days. However, I am not completely satisfied with them. The lacy parts beg for blocking but as the foot is a little too wide even now how would it fit after blocking? But the colour is beautiful, like melted gold! And I really love the pattern, which is part the reason why I am so dissatisfied, it looks so beautiful in the book, why won't my socks look as beautiful? So I haven't yet decided what to do with them. I am going to set them aside for now and decide what to do later. But I should probably put them in the closet and not on the chair all my unfinished projects are on as it looks like it's gonna have a huge wool slide any minute now...

My Pointelle socks

Like I wrote in my previous post, we were visiting my boyfriends mother on the weekend and as she is a vegetarian, we always need meat when we come back home. I have pork cutlets in the fridge marinading in a homemade marinade consisting of coke, cloves, star anise, cinnamon, chili, garlic, allspice and white pepper. We'll see how it is, kind of exciting really as I kind of just came up with it... On the side we have courgette and pasta. I really love courgette, now that I have to buy it from the market. When I was little, my mum grew it in our garden and at that time I really hated it as we ate it every summer all summer! But now I have a newfound love for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment