Tuesday, June 25, 2013

World's Best Cookies and a New Knitting Addiction

I made the best cookies last week! The recipe was from 100 Best Cookies magazine that was available for free through Zinio and my local library. The cookies are made up of: (the regular stuff: flour and sugar etc), chocolate, pistachios, dried cranberries and topped off with white chocolate. The original recipe called for dried cherries but I've never been too fond of those so I changed it to cranberries. They really were the best ever, and I am kind of sad we have already eaten them all...



My new knitting addiction, which hasn't quite grown to that proportion yet, but I think it's funny to call it that anyways: washcloths! I never thought I'd knit washcloths but then yesterday I thought why not and took out some leftover yarns and searched Ravelry for fun and free patterns. I found so many great patterns and have now knit two, both by Elaine Fitzpatrick. I'm pretty happy with these cute washcloths and I am quite sure they will not be last I knit. There is something immensely satisfying in starting a project and finishing it during the same hour.

Turtle Love Cloth

Oh, Nuts! Cloth
It's been so hot here for a few days, nothing like Finland normally. It's awful when your hands get all sweaty when you are trying to knit! But I have managed quite well, right now I am knitting Beverly Tee by Jean Chung from Knitscene Summer 2013. It's a lovely peplum sleeveless top. Speaking of Knitscene I can't wait for the Autumn issue! When it comes to knitting magazines, Autumn is almost always the best, don't you agree? Other publications I really look forward to are the Unofficial Harry Potter knits (coming out at the end of July) and Jane Austen Knits 2013 (coming out in October). And the Autumn issue of Novita (Finnish) also looks pretty good. But it's not like I don't have stuff to knit before those all are published. Chinami Horiba has so many great free crochet designs which I just love. Then there is another top from Knitscene Summer 2013 I want to knit, the Sundial Tee by Jennifer Dassau. And another knit from Jean Chung, Lost Garden Tee from Knitscene Spring 2013. Of course there are some socks to knits for KALs, especially Milfoil and Paignton by Rachel Coopey. And hats, there are so many hats I want to knit. In this weather! Oh well, it will get cold soon enough...

My final words: everyone should watch The Rocky Horror Picture Show!

No comments:

Post a Comment