Saturday, June 15, 2013

New Socks

My summer vacation has officially started and will last a little longer than really necessary as I didn't get a summer job. Oh well, one just has to make most out of what we get, right? I don't really hate being on holiday either, you know. I have recently finished two pairs and have two more on the needles. Here are the finished socks, Jane Bennet socks by Rachel Coopey and Monkey by Cookie A. Jane Bennets are for June SKA sockdown, Monkeys for May.

Jane Bennet socks knit in Novita Pikkusisko 664


Monkey knit in Hjertegarn sock wool 1415


I am currently (still) working on Saltburn which is almost done and Willowherb which I just started a few days ago. Both patterns are from Rachel Coopey's new book. I am giving Willowherb to my boyfriend's sister. I really love the pattern but even when knitting the smaller size, the socks are a bit too big. Maybe an even thinner yarn next time, if I feel like I must have them for myself. Although I really have so many socks that that day may never come...

No comments:

Post a Comment