Friday, November 9, 2012

Christmas Card Frenzy, part 1

It's that time of the year again when the already crowded grocery stores fill their few spaces with Christmas chocolates, when advent calendars fill the counters and holiday songs steadily gain more and more playtime each week. It's also time to start thinking about Christmas cards, at least if you plan to make them yourself! I have made Christmas cards myself every now and then, making cards really is a lot of fun but it also takes time. That's why I haven't really send holiday greetings to that many people. Last Christmas I made these kind of yarn rugs as cards, they looked like this:

Yarn-rug cards
I got the idea from Moda 6/2011. They were really easy to make: I just cut short lengths of all reds and green I could find plus some yellow and white to have all the Christmas-y colours present. Then I sowed them on green cardboard and applied a little glue to keep the strands in order. Voila! 

The year before that I put in a little more effort and made cross-stitch cards. That's pretty hardcore, and I couldn't make more than six but the ones I made I was really happy with and think that their receivers were, too. I really like doing cross-stitch but it really takes a while and it's not as easy to do while watching TV as knitting is. And I really go crazy with all the little leftover yarn pieces that are too expensive to throw away but too much trouble to sort through!

Cross-stitch cards
And now we come to this year! Just today I went shopping for supplies as I started on the cards yesterday. This year, I will crochet snowflakes! I already crocheted three, and they are the cutest, am I right? :)

Snowflakes
I'm also going to have all kinds of background material for them, I have so many things to choose from. I think these cards are going to be the best yet. Whee, card-making is such fun!

Other card-making supplies waiting to be used

No comments:

Post a Comment