Saturday, October 27, 2012

And in Recent Knitting News

I finally took a photo of the finished 50's lace gloves! I am very happy with them, the yarn really is as soft as can be and the colour is just breathtaking. Before knitting these, I have only once before knit gloves and they didn't come out very well. So I was quite surprised now to find out that knitting gloves really isn't even that difficult! I think I'm going to be wearing them a lot but maybe not right now as gloves aren't really as warm as mittens and we just got our first snow of the season.


I have also bee knitting the Rhombus socks, I have finished the first one, now in 2.25 needles (earlier I knit in 2.0 and that was way too tight). In these small needles, even the .25 makes a huge difference! The yarn is Hjerte Garn's Sock 4 and so far I am totally in love with pretty much all of its colourways. The Rhombus socks are from 2499 and I love how it's dyed so that there are only very short lengths in one colour so that it doesn't stripe nor does it form colourpatches the same way the 2099 in which the Twisted Flower socks are knit in. However, that's lovely, too, and fits that pattern perfectly. I have also in my stash the beautiful blue 2599 and I don't think I'll stop there! Next time I go yarn shopping I'm bound to have bought more of this awesome (and quite cheap) sock yarn...


Most recently (read: on Wednesday) I started knitting a slipover for my boyfriend. It's something I have been talking for a while of doing and now I finally got around. The pattern is from Novita's Fall magazine, the same one my Autumn striped skirt was in, and it uses two very different yarns, one is basically a sock yarn (Novita Nalle) and the other is a very soft 100% yarn that felts if washed in the machine (Novita Puro). I know, that doesn't sound like the greatest choice for a slipover, especilly since the front is in that yarn and the back in the sock yarn, but the colours are really just so beautiful. It's self-striping and the colourway I'm using has red, green and gray. The back is going to be dark gray. I think it's going to be very nice, and he liked the colours as well. And really, Novita Puro isn't even that bad, I knit scarves from it for both myself and him a year ago and they are both still very nice-looking. I just have to make sure that he doesn't accidentally put it in the washing machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment