Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Socks on Fire - Finished!

Finished with them socks! I am really happy with them, the yarn is pretty, the pattern is beautiful. Or what do you think?


I also finally got a picture of the vintage turban I worked on for a while. Like I said previously, it's okay but far from perfect. Maybe if it was easier to put on, but I definitely always will need a mirror to do that. However, when I manage to put it on, it looks kind of nice. And I think turbans are kind of in right now, at least all the Fall knitting magazines I've read have had turban patterns in them.


The pic really isn't the greatest, but it's starting to be really difficult to get good pictures as there is a definite shortage of daylight here! But such is life in Finland... Not that I'm complaining -much.

Yesterday I made five pompoms and I need six more: I am making a necklace out of them. That might sound weird but maybe this helps a bit: the yarn felts in wash, so the pompoms should turn into little woolly balls. And suddenly the idea of a necklace doesn't sound so ridiculous. I think it'll be very pretty, I'll also have some wooden beads, maybe every other wood, every other wool.

I am also thinking of starting up knitting the Rhombus socks again. I had to frog them as they were too small. If I started them now again, I could still do it. I'm afraid the longer I wait the less likely I am to start knitting them ever. Well, maybe not ever, since I already have the perfect yarn... My fingers are also really itching to get started on a lovely shawl pattern, Haruni by Emily Ross. I have yarn for that as well, I got a beautiful green-white multicolour yarn last Christmas from a friend, it's a silk-alpaca mix and almost too fine to knit with. But the Haruni pattern will do justice to it, or so I hope.

I also am salivating over a long cardigan with bunnies from Novita's new winter collection. I have wanted to knit something with cute animals on it, and I have also thought that a long cardigan could still fit really well in my wardrobe (which is already quite full with knitted objects...) Gorgeous isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment