Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Travel fever...

Started knitting my first Cookie A. sock today. It's not actually from the book, but another, free pattern from knitty.com. The sock is called Pomatomus after a fish or something because it's kinda scaly. But I'm knitting it from the multicolour yarn you can see in the last post, so it's probably not going to resemble a fish.

I am getting a little nervous because of my trip to China, which is actually tomorrow, as I am writing this after midnight. I hope my blog is going to work there, you can never be sure with those Chinese blocking everything. And I had to download Firefox as Chrome is probably not going to work there, either. And I won't use the Exploder!

I am taking with me enough yarn for two pairs of socks and a turban. I hope that's enough. And ah well, what could be "worse" than having to shop for more yarn... The turban I plan on making is a vintage model from the 30's. I have already knit one but it didn't turn out fantasticly so I am making a new one. In the last one, I used two strands of yarn and the result was much too bulky to be worn on my head so this time I'm knitting with only one strand. Also, I changed the colour. Last time, I used darkish but still quite bright red which might have been a little too much. So this time I am also using red but a much less bright one, it is kind of greyish red, actually quite pretty and I think it will make an excellent vintage turban.

No comments:

Post a Comment