Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Socks socks socks

Don't you just love knitting socks? And wearing knitted socks, all day? My sock-love started when I finally mastered that heel, a few years ago. I had tried it years and years ago, with my mother, but it just didn't clock. My mum didn't really herself remember how to knit the heel so her teaching it to me just didn't happen. But when I tried it on my on later, with Novita's (Finnish yarn company) instructions, it was suddenly so easy and straightforward. Since then I have knitted numerous socks, but all kind of basic. Now I am going to embark on a whole new adventure as I have familiarised myself with Cookie A.'s Knit.Sock. Love., a wonderful sock book with so many lovely sock patterns. I don't really know why I haven't knit more elaborate socks before, maybe it's just that I've been too busy knitting sweaters and stuff. But now, now is the time. I am leaving for China in less than a week and I'll be staying there four weeks. As that is much too long to abstain from knitting (I usually knit every single day), I need something small yet time consuming to do on the way. Cookie A.'s beautiful lacy socks are perfect for this! I have already bought yarn for four pairs, I was at Lankatalo Nordia's summer sale in Oulunkylä, I just love that shop. Every time I have yarn-buying needs, I just go to their website and they are always having a yarn sale! I bought four different colourways of Hjerte Garn's Sock Wool. One is darkish yellow one colour, and the rest are multicolour with only short lengths of each colour so they are not striping. The multicolours are green, blue and one real multicolour of green, blue and yellow.


The yarns for my new socks

Below some socks I have knit.


The colourway of the multicolour yarn of
these socks was called "cloud berry"

These lacy socks are no longer as they
were too wide for my feet.



Thigh-high different colour socks from multicolour yarn

No comments:

Post a Comment