Thursday, July 10, 2014

Marilinda & Pavilion

So I noticed I had completely not blogged about two pairs of socks I knit! What a catastrophe.

The first pair is Marilinda by Cookie A. I used a self-striping, Zitron Trekking (XXL). I am not usually in love with self-striping yarns but the colors in this one spoke to me. And I think they fit the pattern well, too, even if it really isn't written for stripey yarn. I had to shorten the leg by doing only 1 ½ repeats on the leg and not two as suggested in the pattern. I would have run out of yarn if I hadn't! And the Trekking skein is pretty generous, too, so I wonder if anyone has been able to get by with only 100 g if following the pattern to the letter. Anyway, here they are and pretty cute in my opinion :)



The other pair I've finished was a mystery pattern by Rachel Coopey, Pavilion. I only bought it after I had seen the finished socks, I just like my mystery revealed! The yarn I used for these was Schoeller+stahl Fortissima socka mit bambou and I just have to say I was impressed! The yarn has 60% wool, 25 % bamboo and 15% nylon and I think it must have been the bamboo that did the trick. The socks feature many twisted stitches that I find often fuzz up the yarn so that the result is not quite perfect. But not with this yarn! All the stitches remain crisp and beautiful, I am so happy! But also a little sad for not buying any more, as I got this yarn in a store I'll be unlikely to visit ever again :( At least I'll have these beautiful socks to enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment