Tuesday, March 5, 2013

About Yarn, Socks and the Spring that Didn't Come

I did an inventory today. I'm pretty sure you could call it that. I took all of my yarn that is stashed away in various places and put it on our bed. Suddenly there was no more bed! Wow, I really hadn't realized how much yarn I actually have... I also added it on Ravelry, on my stash page. I'm pretty happy having finally done that, now I have pictures of all my pretty yarn and I can easily look at it. At first I thought it was a silly action and that I could never have the patience to use so much time as to put it all in there. But today I did! It's maybe partly because I read about dyeing yarn with Kool aid yesterday and ordered some and since then have just been waiting for it  to arrive. But sadly, things ordered from the other side of the country usually do not come knocking as soon as you'd wish. Anyways, as soon as it does arrive I am going to have so much fun! (I think) Here is 16.1 kg worth of yarn:

Here it is: all of my stash
I also finally finished my second pair of February's SKA sockdown challenge. The pattern I used was another free pattern by Caoua Coffee, Compline. I really love her pattern, they are beautiful, well-written and free! Actually, as soon as I finished Compline, I started on another of her designs, Aramis. These I am knitting from dark red yarn for my boyfriend. Yes, they are for SKA March challenge.




The reason it took me so long to finish Compline was that I was knitting a mohair lace scarf for my boyfriend's sister's 30th birthday. The pattern was the lovelier than lovely Travelling Roses Scarf by Leanne (To Knit is Divine). It's a good thing her favorite color is pink which I do not really like, because otherwise the temptation to keep the scarf for myself might just have been too much! Here is me modelling it anyways. We hadn't seen sun in a while so my eyes are not accustomed to it shining... And there was a snowstorm later that day. Bye bye spring, thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment