Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year 2013!

Happy New Year everyone!

This post should probably have been written yesterday, as I intend to show you some projects that have been finished for a while but have not been photographed before, due to both extreme laziness and extreme darkness. It's pretty much impossible to get good natural light in Finland during the winter, but we'll just have to do with what we get. The first project I'm going to introduce is a hat, a 20's style art deco hat that goes by the name Regina and has been designed by Carina Spencer. As you may remember, I knit this hat with leftovers from the cable hat I knit for my boyfriend and another vintage hat I knit for myself, the 50's Bobble Topper (which I also should get better pictures of). But as it turns out, this hat has made itself a regular wear as it's so cosy and and goes so well with my new coat, too! Here are some pictures taken in Winter Wonderland with Santa's little helper, my boyfriend's mother's dog.




The other project I'll introduce are these great slippers by Drops design. It's a free pattern, as is Regina by the way, and you can find it on Drops design page along with hundreds (I think) other free patterns. And they also come in a variety of languages, they have all the big European languages along with smaller ones. Here are my finished slippers, which I'm wearing while this as well as almost always when I'm home. They are really soft and kind of massaging, as the bottom is so thick in moss stitch.


The picture is not of the best quality, cue the lack of natural light. It looks like it's really dark outside in the photo but it really is the middle of the day! Still, they are dark blue and look kind of like that...

During Christmas time, I knit quite a bit but I'll post about that later. I have so many exciting knitting ideas for this new year and I can't wait to finish some of my already started projects to make room for new ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment