Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Haruni


 No more about Christmas cards as they are all sent to their new owners! It was a little difficult to determine who would get which but it doesn't really matter that much, does it? I hope everyone likes my cards :)

This time I am going to post about my newest (probably?) finished project, the Haruni lace shawl. As I wrote before, it is a free pattern by Emily Ross, and one I thought was quite easy to follow and the main pattern before the edge leaves was easy enough to memorise, too. I used green multicolour yarn, teetee Aurea, in colour 102. I used total of four skeins with just a little bit left over. The yarn is a very soft blend of 50/50 silk and alpaca. But I don't know, I think I still prefer 100% wool, I guess I'm just weird that way. But enough facts, it's picture time!

Before blocking a funky looking crumbly thing

A wet bundle ready to be blocked

All pinned down in blocking

Out in the snow

From behind

Happily wearing a new shawl!




No comments:

Post a Comment