Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Winter is Coming... So Stack Up on Christmas Cards and Warm Mittens!

I just love making cards! I made a couple new Christmas cards this past weekend. I love how when making cards you can always combine materials from all different sources. Take these cards below for example: the canvas I stitched on was made by my grandmother in the 60's for a shirt of a Finnish national costume (I'm using the leftover pieces, and I have the dress, too!), the thread I used was bought when we lived in China in 2003-2005 because DMC was just so cheap there and then the rest of the materials, backing papers, cardboard, glitter glue are all new. The pattern is from Stitch the Halls, a new Christmas themed book by What Delilah Did, the same designer who by the lovely owl I presented before was.


I have also been knitting some warm mittens for the coming winter. These are a traditional pattern from the Kainuu region in Finland. That is actually in the middle part of Finland in the north-south axis but to me, being the Southerner I am, it seems to be way up North. Anyway, they have a beautiful mitten pattern with nine colors! I had all of these in my stash, some new skeins bought specifically for something, others just leftovers. I have finished one mitten and I totally love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment