Sunday, August 17, 2014

Mermaid's Song

My newest finished object is a shawl by Susanna IC. The pattern is Mermaid's Song found in Interweave Knits' special issue The Unofficial Harry Potter Knits. The magazine had some copyright issues and so on but I just had to have it as it had so many beautiful patterns! I am not really so into the Harry Potter books, I mean, they are fine and all but I would not go so far as to call myself a fan. Nevertheless, the designs were wonderful. So far I have knit 5 patterns out of the 32 included and I'm not done yet.

For Mermaid's Song I used leftover Handmaiden Fine Yarn Lace Silk from my Triinu shawl for my mum and "vintage" beads taken from an old purse my mum has crocheted years ago. You may not see clearly from the photos as the beads aren't very big but there is one silver-lined clear bead in each point. They reflect light beautifully, looking just like the water drops they are supposed to represent.




No comments:

Post a Comment