Monday, August 26, 2013

Bette Top with a Keyhole Neckline

Here it is, finished and photographed, my Bette top from Knit Vintage by Madeline Weston and Rita Taylor. I fell in love with this top back in January when we visited a bookstore in London. The price of the book was a little much for me, though, but luckily my local library carried it! And now the top is finally finished and I am so very happy with it. I took these pictures styled in a vintage way, the dress I actually sew myself for my cousin's wedding. I wanted to take pictures styled a modern way, too, and there are two in the end. The yarn is Hjertegarn Primevera Cotton, a fingering weight cotton yarn. I liked knitting with it once I got started, though it did feel splitty and difficult at first. Now here are the photos:









In the last two photos you can see the closing of the neckline, the reason why it's called a keyhole neckline. I think it looks fab both open and closed. Yes, I must say I am happy with this top!

No comments:

Post a Comment