Saturday, July 13, 2013

Socks and Shawls

I have been knitting a lot in the past few weeks and am here now to show what I've created. First, here's the shawlette I knit with the miniskeins I dyed with red onion skins. The pattern is Elk Tooth by Caitlin ffrench and I think it looks fabulous striped in these earth tones!

The happy wearer

Blocking - you can see the different colors really well
Then we have another shawl by Caitlin ffrench, Seven and Zero. The blue green yarn of this shawl I also dyed myself, as you may remember, with Kool-aid and blue food coloring. The purple is store bought but looks really good with the blue-green!



Oh, and then there are the socks - are you bored with them yet? First we have Milfoil by Rachel Coopey, and it's knit in the beautiful green I managed to dye with food coloring, onion skins, more food coloring and finally turmeric... They go so well together! I also knit a pair in sport weight Novita Nalle, Koiranputkisukat by Pia Tuononen, an Finnish pattern for a change. But it's also been translated, and available for free on Ravelry.

Milfoil by Rachel Coopey

Milfoil in the forest


Koiranputkisukat by Pia Tuononen


No comments:

Post a Comment